Turkey and Vegetable Skillet
• Pam olive oil spray
• 1 pound lean ground turkey
• 1/2 cup diced onion
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced or grated
• 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon dried basil
• Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
• 1 1/2 cups diced zucchini and/or summer squash
• 1 cup fresh green beans, ends trimmed and cut into 1-2 inch pieces
• 14.5 ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
• 1/2 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In a large oven proof skillet over medium high heat, heat the olive oil Pam. When the pan is hot add in the ground turkey and crumble it with a wooden spoon.
- Once the turkey is almost cooked through add in the onion, garlic, basil, oregano and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute and then add in the rest of the vegetables. Cook for another 4-5 minutes or until the vegetables have softened slightly.
- Top the turkey and vegetable mixture with the shredded cheese. Put the skillet in the oven and broil it just until the cheese is melted and golden brown.