Stuffed Cabbage Soup
• Pam olive oil spray
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1 pound ground beef I use 90% lean or ground turkey
• 1 onion finely diced
• 2 teaspoons minced garlic
• 4 cups coarsely chopped green cabbage
• 2 carrots peeled, quartered and sliced
• 4 cups low sodium beef broth
• 3 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
• 1 cup uncooked riced cauliflower
• 1 bay leaf
• 2 tablespoons parsley
- Heat the Pam olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the ground beef or turkey and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook, breaking up the meat with a spatula, until beef is browned, approximately 4-5 minutes. Add the onion and garlic cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, carrots, beef broth, tomato sauce, rice and bay leaf to the pot. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove bay leaf and discard.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve