Recipe of the Week: Turkey Meatball Sheet Pan Dinner
• 10 ounces cauliflower florets
• 10 ounces broccoli florets
• 1 large red bell pepper, seeds removed and cut into 2 inch pieces
• 2 tsp olive oil
• 1 tsp kosher salt
• Black pepper, to taste
• 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, plain, seasoned or gluten-free
• 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
• 1 large egg
• 1 tsp fennel seeds
• 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
• 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
• 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put the cauliflower, broccoli and peppers onto a baking sheet and mix with the oil, 1/4 tsp salt, and pepper.
- Spread into an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the vegetables are baking, combine the breadcrumbs, chicken broth, egg, spices, and remaining 3/4 tsp salt in a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- Add the turkey and mix using a fork to fully combine everything, careful not to overwork. Form into 16 meatballs.
- After 20 minutes, remove the pan from the oven, stir, push the vegetables to one side and put the meatballs on the other side of the pan, making sure everything has a little bit of room. Bake until the meatballs are cooked through, 18 to 20 minutes. Serve hot.