Spooky Stuffed Bell Peppers
1 pound ground turkey breast
1 large head of cauliflower, cut into pieces
4 large orange bell peppers
14 oz low sugar tomato sauce (little Italy brand)
1 large yellow onion, minced
1 large green bell pepper, minced
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons parsley
2 tablespoons basil
2 tsp garlic salt
Pam Olive oil spray
- The first step is to turn your cauliflower into “rice.” Grate pieces of raw cauliflower in a food processor.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil Pam and garlic salt. Add in cauliflower “rice” and cook 5-7 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking.
- Cauliflower will be soft and begin to brown. Turn off the heat and set aside. Turn your oven on to preheat 350*.
- In another skillet, brown your turkey completely until all pink is gone. Add in minced onion, minced green bell pepper, minced garlic, parsley, and basil.
- Add in chicken broth and let cook down – about 7-10 minutes.
- Add in tomato sauce and cauliflower “rice” and let simmer until most of the liquid is gone, stirring often.
- While the meat mixture cooks down, cut the tops off of the four orange bell peppers and gently remove the seeds from the inside. With a small paring knife, carefully cut out the eyes, nose, and mouth of the jack-o-lantern.
- Fill each bell pepper with the meat mixture and replace the top.
- Gently place into the corner of a deep Pyrex dish with the jack-o-lantern facing out.
- Make sure they are standing upright and gently place on the middle rack of the oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until bell pepper is softening.
- Let cool and serve with your favorite sides. Enjoy!