Recipe of the Week: Spinach, Turkey Bacon and Feta Egg Bake
YIELDS 9 SERVINGS
• 5 strips of Turkey bacon (or turkey sausage)
• 1 small onion, diced
• 1 packed cup fresh spinach
• 1 tbsp minced garlic
• 12 eggs
• 1/2 cup skim milk
• Salt and Pepper
• 1/2 cup reduced fat feta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray a 8×8 square pan.
2. Cook the turkey bacon on both sides in a skillet over medium high heat, until crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Spray pan again and add the diced onion, spinach and minced garlic to the skillet and sauté until the onion and spinach are limp, about 5 minutes. Transfer to the 8×8 pan.
4. In a bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk and the salt and pepper to season. Set aside.
5. Cut your bacon into small pieces and add about 2/3 of them to your 8×8 pan. Add about 2/3 of the feta cheese. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and stir so that the ingredients are evenly distributed. Sprinkle with the remaining bacon and feta cheese.
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the center is no longer wobbly and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cut into 9 slices and serve warm. Keep any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator, serve cold or warm up in the oven or microwave.