Recipe of the Week: Shrimp Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai
• 1 lb Shrimp
• 2 cups Bean sprouts
• 1 cup Broccoli
• 2 Tbsp Cilantro
• 2 large cloves Garlic
• 3 Green onions
• 1 Lime
• 1 Red bell pepper, small thin slices
• 1 Egg, large
• 1 tsp Chili garlic sauce
• 2 tbsp Fish sauce
• 3 tbsp No Sugar Added Ketchup
• 1 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce
• 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
• Pam Olive Oil Spray
• 2 tbsp Rice vinegar
• about 2 medium zucchini
1. Cut the zucchini into noodles or long pasta by using a vegetable spiralizer tool or similar tool.
2. Make the Sauce: in a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients (rice vinegar, fish sauce, ketchup, cayenne pepper, and chili garlic sauce), set aside. If you want to use sriracha hot sauce, add as much as you like or you can add it afterwards.
3. Heat a large pan on medium-high heat. Heat Pam spray in a skillet add zucchini noodles and cook for about 2-3 minutes or until the zucchini noodles are tender. Don’t overcook the noodles. The zucchini noodles should be slightly crunchy with a tender bite.
4. Let the noodles rest for about 3 minutes to allow all the moisture to release. Remove the noodles from the pan and drain the excess water.
1. Carefully wipe the same pan remove the excess water, and then re-heat the pan on medium-high heat. Add more Pam spray and garlic. Cook the garlic until soft and translucent, about 1 minute. Add the shrimp and cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until cooked through.
2. Add the bell peppers and green onions. Cook for about 1-2 minutes or until tender. Add the egg and stir in with the vegetables until the egg is cooked.
3. Add the zucchini noodles back into the same pan, and then add the sauce. Cook for about 1 more minute or until the zucchini noodles are heated through. Then stir in the bean sprouts.
4. Serve with cilantro. If you want to add lime wedges, squeeze some fresh lime juice on the noodles right before serving.