Salmon Bowl with Low Carb Hummus
• 8oz/ 250g salmon filet
• 1 tsp basil, dry
• 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 cup broccoli florets
• Pam Olive Oil Spray
• 1 cup lettuce, chopped
• 2/3 cup purple cabbage, chopped
• handful basil leaves
• 1/4 cup reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
• 1 Tbsp lemon juice
• 1 tsp olive oil
• 2 Tbsp low-carb hummus- see recipe below
1. Rub the salmon with the dried basil, crushed red pepper flakes, and 1 clove garlic. Let it sit like that for a few minutes while you’re making the broccoli and the salad.
2. For the salad chop the cabbage and massage it in a bowl with the lemon juice. Then add the lettuce, basil, olive oil, feta cheese and 1 clove of minced garlic. Mix everything well together and add salt and pepper if needed.
3. For the broccoli, I chopped the florets and stirred them for 2 minutes in a non-stick pan with Pam live oil spray. Then I turned off the heat and covered with a lid for a few minutes.
4. After that, I took out the broccoli and added the salmon to the same pan, because I don’t want to wash 3 pans for one meal. I cooked it at medium/medium high and covered with a lid, flipping half-way through. Now, you can use whole salmon filets, I had cut mine into a few. After 6-7 minutes the salmon is ready and you can start arranging the bowl.
5. At the bottom, we put the salad, then add hummus (see recipe below), broccoli and in the middle the salmon. Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy. This recipe makes 2 servings.
Low Carb Hummus With Zucchini – Vegan, Paleo And Gluten-Free
• 1 cup zucchini, grilled or roasted in a pan
• 2 cloves garlic
• lemon juice (optional) – around 1 tbsp
• 4 walnut halves
• 1 tsp olive oil
• Chili flakes (optional)
1. Chop walnuts, mince garlic and add ingredients except salt to your food processing device – I used a hand blender, but a smaller high-speed blender would work too.
2. Then blend until you get creamy hummus-like texture.
3. Add salt to taste and serve with dinner or as a dip!