Recipe of the Week: Low Carb Shamrock Eggs
- 2 large organic green bell peppers
- 8 pastured eggs
- Pam cooking spray
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- Slice the bell peppers into rings that are about 3/4″ thick, for a total of 4 rings per bell pepper.
- Spray Pam in a frying pan, preferably cast iron, over medium-high heat.
- Place 4 of the bell pepper rings in the cast iron pan and turn once, after a minute.
- Crack an egg inside each pepper ring.
- Season the egg with sea salt, garlic and pepper.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook until the white is set and the yolk reaches your desired doneness. It should take about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the shamrock fried egg from the pan and serve while hot. I like to top mine with Cholula Green Pepper Sauce!
- Repeat with the remaining 4 bell pepper rings and eggs.
- Now the whole family can enjoy a fun St. Patrick’s Day low carb breakfast together that’s fun and healthy.