Low-Carb Roasted Cauliflower Salad
• 1 large head cauliflower, stem and core cut out and cut into small bite-sized pieces
• 8 oz. Reduced fat Feta cheese, cut into small cubes
• 1 large red bell pepper, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
• 4 T capers
• 4 large green onions, thinly sliced
• 3 T fresh-squeezed lemon juice (I used my fresh-frozen lemon juice)
• 2 tsp. Greek seasoning (see notes)
• fresh ground black pepper to taste (use a generous amount)
• 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425F/220C. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray or olive oil.
- Cut the cauliflower heads into quarters and cut away the stem and core parts; then cut each cauliflower apart into small bite-sized pieces. (If you cut the cauliflower into larger pieces, then cut down through the stem and pull it apart into smaller pieces, you can eliminate a lot of the crumbly mess you get if you slice through the cauliflower.)
- Cut the stem and core part out of the red bell pepper and cut bell pepper into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, Greek Seasoning, and a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper; then whisk in the olive oil.
- Put the cauliflower and red pepper pieces into a bowl and toss with the dressing mixture until all the pieces of cauliflower are at least partly coated with dressing.
- Spread cauliflower out in a single layer on the roasting pan and put in the oven to start roasting.
- While the cauliflower cooks, measure the capers, and rinse with cold water and let drain.
- Slice the green onions into thin slices.
- Let the cauliflower roast without turning for 30 minutes, or until it’s starting to look lightly browned and the sides that are touching the roasting pan are getting browned.
- When it’s done, put the cauliflower and red pepper pieces back into the bowl you tossed it in previously and stir in the cubes of Feta.
- Let the cauliflower cool for 10 minutes, then stir in the capers, and thinly sliced green onion.
- Season to taste with more fresh-ground black pepper as desired and serve.