Low Carb Pumpkin Soup
• 1 lb fresh pumpkin puree , not canned
• Pam olive oil spray
• 1/2 cup onion, chopped
• 1 lb cauliflower , 1 cauliflower head
• 1/2 inch piece of root ginger finely chopped
• 1 tsp turmeric
• 2 tsp cumin
• 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
• sea salt to taste
• freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 1 cup coconut milk
• 4 cups gluten free low sodium chicken broth
How to cook whole pumpkin in the oven
Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut pumpkin into quarters; discard seeds (or save to roast later). Place on a baking sheet and spray with a little olive oil Pam. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until soft.
How to Pressure Cook Whole Pumpkin
Add 1 cup of water, place the whole pumpkin on a trivet and pressure cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. For more detailed instructions read my post on Pressure Cooker Pumpkin
How to Make Low Carb Pumpkin Soup
- Add a little Pam olive oil spray to a large pan over a medium heat and add the chopped onions, saute for 4-5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the garlic, ginger, turmeric, cumin, salt and pepper to the onions and stir well.
- Add the gluten free chicken broth and cooked fresh pumpkin, cauliflower florets to the pan and stir well.
- Simmer on a medium low heat for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes add the coconut milk and blend using a hand blender, serve hot.