Recipe of the Week: Garlic Shrimp and Veggie Bowl
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb large shrimp — tails off, peeled and deveined
salt and black pepper — to taste
1 tsp Italian seasoning
3 garlic clove — minced
2 big bell pepper — diced
1 medium red onion — chopped
2 medium zucchinis — chopped
fresh parsley for garnishing
Pam Olive Oil spray
- Spray skillet with Pam and heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add the shrimp and season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until shrimp is pink.
- Add garlic and cook for one more minute. Set shrimp aside.
- If necessary add more olive oil spray in the skillet and sauté bell pepper, onions, zucchini and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3-5 minutes. I like my veggies tender, but if you prefer, you can cook them for 2 minutes more to be softer.
- Bring shrimp back to the skillet. Stir everything well to combine.
- MEAL PREPPING: Place an even amount of shrimp and veggies into 4 different glass containers. Divide the shrimp vegetable skillet recipe into 4 portions. Cover with the lid, and place in the fridge for up 4 days. Heat in the microwave for about 2 minutes.