Recipe of the Week: Chicken Zucchini Enchilada Roll Ups
• 1lb. chicken breasts, or tenders
• Pam olive oil spray
• 1 yellow onion, diced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tsp. ground cumin
• 2 tsp. chili powder
• 1.5 cups enchilada sauce, divided
• 4 large zucchini (I used both yellow and green ones), sliced with a wide peeler, or mandolin
• 1/3 cup low fat shredded cheese
• sea salt and fresh ground black pepper,
• Preheat oven to 350ºF.
• In large skillet over medium, heat the Pam spray.
• Add chicken breasts and cook for about 6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle.
• Season with sea salt and pepper then set aside on a board. Once it’s cooled a bit, shred it using 2 forks.
• In the same pan add in the onion and cook for about 3 minutes until translucent. Add the garlic and spices, then return the shredded chicken to the pan.
• Pour in 1 cup of enchilada sauce then stir well until combined.
• On a cutting board, lay out 4-5 zucchini slices slightly overlapping each other.
• Add spoonful of chicken mixture on top at one end as shown.
• Roll up and transfer carefully to a baking dish.
• Repeat with remaining zucchini and chicken mixture.
• Drizzle the remaining enchilada sauce on top and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
• Bake for approximately 20 minutes and until cheese is melted. Enjoy!