Recipe of the Week: Cauliflower Parmesan
• 2 large heads cauliflower
• Pam Olive Oil Spray
• 2 garlic cloves, grated or finely minced
• ½-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
• Kosher salt
• 1 1/3 cups Little Italy Brand Tomato Sauce
• 1 4-ounce ball fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced into 8 rounds
• 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
• Fresh basil leaves for serving (optional)
1. Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil. (The foil is optional, but will make for much easier cleanup.)
2. Prep your cauliflower “steaks.” Remove any leaves and tri the stem end of the cauliflower heads, making sure to leave the cores intact. Using a large, very sharp knife, slice two 1-inch thick “steaks” from the center of each head of cauliflower. Reserve the outer slices for another use. (The outer slices will likely crumble into florets, which is why you want to use the sturdy center slices for this recipe.) Spray the foil or pan with the Pam spray. Carefully transfer the cauliflower steaks to the prepared baking sheet.
3. In a small bowl, combine garlic, crushed red pepper, and a good pinch of kosher salt. Sprinkle this mixture on both sides of each steak.
4. Transfer the cauliflower to the oven and roast for 20 minutes. Carefully flip the “steaks” and roast for another 20 minutes until tender and golden brown.
5. Pre-heat the broiler on high.
6. Top each cauliflower steak with 1/3 cup of Prego Farmers’ Market Tomato and Basil sauce and 2 mozzarella rounds. Transfer to the broiler and broil until the cheese is just melted and starting to bubble, about 1-2 minutes.
7. Remove from the cauliflower from the broiler and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese. Return to the broiler just until the cheese is nicely browned. This will happen quickly (I’m talking 30-60 seconds people), so keep watch!
8. Serve alongside grilled chicken breasts or beef tenderloin and garnish with fresh basil (if using).