Balsamic Grilled Steak Salad with Peaches
Serves – 4
1 lb. skirt steak, trimmed of fat
1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp sugar substitute
Freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Juice of 1 large lemon
6 c. baby arugula
2 peaches, thinly sliced
1/3 c. crumbled reduced fat feta cheese
- Add steak to a large Ziploc bag or baking dish and toss in balsamic vinegar, garlic and sugar sub. Let marinate 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to high. Season steak generously with salt and pepper.
- Grill until desired doneness, 3 minutes per side for medium rare. Let rest 5 minutes, then slice.
- Meanwhile, make dressing: In a small bowl whisk together olive oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange salad: In a large serving bowl, add arugula, peaches, blue cheese or feta, and steak. Drizzle with dressing and gently toss. Serve immediately.