Baked Omelet Casserole
- Pam Olive Oil Spray
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped Garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated Ginger
- 8-10 Button Mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, cut into bite sized squares
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, cut into bite sized squares
- 1 Onion, cut into bite sized squares
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 8 Eggs]
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 400F
- Saute the Veggies: Olive oil Pam spray in a pan and add ginger and garlic. Saute for
a minute or so and add mushrooms. Stir fry the mushrooms on high heat for 3-4
minutes and add both varieties of bell peppers. Stir fry again for 2-3 minutes and add
the onions. Cook everything together on high heat for another two minutes. Season
with salt and pepper and turn off the flame.
- Eggs: Whisk the eggs with sriracha (if using), salt, and pepper and set aside.
- Bake: Spray a baking dish with Pam (size of my baking dish: 10X8). Transfer the
veggie mixture to the baking dish and pour the egg mixture evenly over it. Bake for
30-35 minutes or till cooked through and golden brown from the top. Rest for a few
minutes before slicing, or store it for later.
- To freeze these, slice the casserole into the desired size and place them in an air-tight
container in the freezer. To reheat simply microwave them for 30 seconds to a minute.