Chicken Fajita Meal
FOR THE FAJITA SEASONING
• ½ tablespoon chili powder
• ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 1 teaspoon cumin powder
• 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1 teaspoon salt
FOR THE CHICKEN AND PEPPERS AND ONIONS
• Pam Olive Oil Spray
• 1 teaspoon garlic — minced
• 1.5 lb chicken breast — cut into thin strips
• 2 red bell peppers — sliced
• 2 yellow bell peppers — sliced
• 2 green bell pepper — sliced
• 1 medium onion — sliced
• 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper
• Plain mashed cauliflower — optional
1. First, make the fajita seasoning by mixing all the ingredients from the fajita seasoning recipe in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, add the chicken strips and half of the fajita seasoning. Mix well and set aside for about 15 minutes.
3. In a large skillet, heat Pam olive oil spray over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the chicken and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Set aside.
4. In the same skillet, add more Pam Spray (if necessary) and add onions, bell peppers and the rest of the fajita seasoning.
5. Stir fry for 5-10 minutes on high heat. The time will depend on how tender you prefer your veggies to be.