Thai Ground Turkey Stir-Fry
Stir Fry Sauce Ingredients
• 2 T fresh-squeezed lime juice
• 1 T fish sauce
• 1 T Sriracha Sauce
• 1 T low sodium soy sauce
• 1 T artificial sweetener of your choice
• 1 onion, cut in slivers
• 1 red bell pepper, cut in thin strips
• Pam Olive Oil Spray
• 2-3 large cloves garlic, cut in slices (for seasoning the oil)
• 1-2 cups chopped basil leaves or Thai basil leaves (more or less to taste and depending on whether you have to buy basil)
• 1 1/2 lb. lean ground turkey
- Whisk together the lime juice, fish sauce, Sriracha Sauce, soy sauce, and sweetener to make the stir-fry sauce.
- Cut the onion into thin slivers.
- Cut the red bell pepper into strips.
- Peel and slice the garlic.
- Heat the wok or large heavy frying pan over high heat for about 1 minute before you add the Pam spray.
- Add the garlic cloves, and cook the garlic just until it’s fragrant. When you smell garlic (less than one minute) remove the garlic and discard.
- Add the onion slivers and bell pepper strips to the woke and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes (just until they’re starting to soften), then remove to a bowl.
- Add more spray if it seem like you need it.
- Then add the ground turkey and stir-fry 5 minutes, breaking apart with a turner as it cooks.
- Cook the turkey until any liquid evaporates completely and the turkey is starting to get lightly browned.
- Add the vegetables back into the wok, stirring to combine with the meat, and cook about 1 minute.
- Add the chopped basil and cook about 1 minute more, just until the basil starts to wilt.
- Then add the stir-fry sauce and stir to distribute it in the meat/veggie mixture.
- Cook about 2 minutes more, or until the sauce is mostly absorbed into the meat and the whole dish is hot.
- Serve right away.