Chipotle Chicken Zucchini Soup
• 16 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• fresh black pepper, to taste
• 1 teaspoon olive oil
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• 3 cloves minced garlic
• 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
• 8 oz can tomato sauce
• 1/2 tablespoon chipotle chile in adobo, chopped
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/4 teaspoon cumin
• 2 bay leaves
• 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
• 1 7 ounce zucchini
- For Slow Cooker:
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in the slow cooker.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat, add oil, onion and garlic and saute until soft, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer to the slow cooker with chicken broth, tomato sauce, chipotle, cumin, oregano, half of the cilantro and bay leaves.
- Cover and cook low 4 to 6 hours.
- Meanwhile spiralize the zucchini using a spiralizer with the thinnest noodle setting. Cut the zucchini into 6-inch strips.
- Discard the bay leaves and remove the chicken, shred with 2 forks and place back in the slow cooker along with the zucchini and cook on high until the zucchini is tender crisp, about 5 minutes.